Military Records

Request certified military discharge papers from Iowa County.

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Iowa County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes. If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. This may be done in person or through the mail.


  • Please send a photocopy of your driver's license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued.
  • There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Application for Certified Copy of Military Records

For more Veteran's resources, contact the Iowa County Veterans Affairs office.

If you are enlisted from the State of Iowa, please contact:

Iowa Commission of Veterans Affairs
7105 NW 70th Ave.
Camp Dodge Bldg. A6A
Johnston, IA 50131-1824